The home page of a school website serves a number of purposes, including;
- It provides a first impression of the school and its brand, to those who have no experience of the school.
- It sets the web visitor’s expectations, not only in terms of the school and its values, but their expectations of what the rest of the website is going to be like.
- It acts as a set of sign posts to the most relevant content.
- It offers the school an opportunity to immediately capture the web visitor’s attention and share with them some important and / or engaging information.
- It must enable the web visitor to easily get in touch.
Below is a snap shot of a school website we’ve delivered for Grangefield School. In this instance, the use of iconography (reflecting the style of owl in the logo we designed), use of the two school colours, and contemporary feel reflected the requirements formalised in our briefing with the Senior Management Team.
The school website continues to receive glowing reviews and acts as a hub of the school’s communications with parents.
Read more about our branding design and website design solutions for schools by visiting our schools website here.
A few things to consider for a school website home page:
In designing the Grangefield School website, we implemented and evolved an existing WordPress theme, tailoring it to suit the requirements of the school.